I need to find an efficient way to store the watering system over winter, as for much of our fields, I wanted to remove the tape and feed lines to allow for tilling and soil preparation.
Below are the items we have used, and comparative prices.
3/4 Main Line:
- Garden female hose beginning to 3/4" line connector - $1.50
- 3/4 main line hose - $0.15 per foot
- 3/4 hose tees - $2.66
- 3/4 coupler - $1.22
- 3/4 elbow (90 deg bend) - $2.10
- 3/4 hose end plug - $0.80
- T-tape - 8 mil - $0.04 per foot (weeps every 8 inches)
- U Shape wire hold downs - $0.08 each, or $8.00 per 100.
- Tape x .400 barb connector - $0.50 each
- Tape x .400 barb connector with valve - $1.60 each
- .400 barb goof plug - $0.35 each
- Tape coupler - $0.64 each
- Tape elbow - $1.50
- Tape tee - $1.60
We have several hose timers which can help automate the watering process in case you are away on a trip. All in all, the t-tape system is very easy to use and trouble free. We are reusing all of our components, and they are holding up well for the second year.